This position will be predominantly responsible for the purchasing of raw materials and component parts (electronic and non-electronic), while maintaining supplier relationships.
● Develop and maintain relationship with suppliers and develop controls for supplier activities.
● Development and monthly tracking of appropriate KPI’s for ongoing supplier performance judgement.
● Distribute part design drawings received from Japan to suppliers as part specifications.
● Request quotations from suppliers and determine which suppliers are best for the company.
● Participation in supplier audits to aid in the determination as to whether supplier is capable of meeting company requirements.
● Serve as intermediary contact between customer and/or company Packaging Specialist.
● Responsible for material and component parts procurement process with national and international parts suppliers.
● Issue blanket purchase orders for mass production and trial parts.
● Responsible for development and follow-up of purchase order releases based upon company thirteen week forecast.
● Responsible for adjusting existing purchase order releases based on demand forecast.
● Responsible for Inventory Control including verification of inventory amounts for mass production and trial parts.
● Responsible for issuing any engineering change instruction (ECI) and / or design drawing from Japan to company engineers and to suppliers (if necessary).
● Responsible for negotiating, securing, and maintaining SPA’s (Supplier Purchase Agreements) with suppliers.
● Responsible for issuing a letter of intent (LOI) to national and international suppliers.
● Responsible for document control for LOI’s, ECI’s, and parts quotations within the Purchasing Department.
● Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
● Will perform all other reasonably related tasks within the Company as required by Management.
● Complete knowledge of electronic and non-electronic parts inventory control functions.
● Knowledge of the Toyota Production System and JIT.
● Complete process knowledge.
● General physics ability.
● Excellent written communication skills.
● Excellent time management skills.
● Excellent cooperative personality.
● Excellent organizational skills.
● Advanced computer skills, with strong aptitude with Microsoft Excel. Preferred experience with Oracle (or other equivalent ERP system).
● Ability to think for the Company.
● Ability to interact well with coworkers.
● Ability to understand, follow and implement posted work rules and company procedures.
● Demonstrated passion and positive attitude towards assuming challenges and learning new products, processes, and skills.
● Ability to accept constructive criticism.
● Ability to function independently without requiring assistance from, or disturbing the work of others.
● Two years of prior applicable experience in Purchasing strongly preferred, but not required.
● Electronics experience desired.
● Automotive experience desired.
● Valid passport for travel required for travel