Treatment Programs are structured to provide basic tools to begin recovery from alcohol, drug, and or gambling addiction. Clients have an opportunity to learn about their illness, explore their thoughts and feelings, and set personal goals.
Persons admitted to the agency are provided with the treatment opportunity to enhance one’s mental, physical, social, and spiritual well being. Client needs are evaluated and the following services may be provided: Individual counseling; family counseling (when indicated); didactic sessions; recreational and leisure activities; adequate rest and proper nutrition; medical consultation and referral, when appropriate; aftercare planning; and referral for continuing treatment.
We believe that family, employers, and significant others involved in the client’s life play a major role in the recovery process. Therefore, their involvement in the overall treatment and aftercare plan is encouraged.
- Provides assessment, nursing care and evaluation of nursing care.
- Ensures consistent use of the nursing process in providing quality care.
- Interacts with patients, patient families, clinical team, and community resources establishing relationships and providing positive customer service.
- Provides evidence-based care.
- Coordinates and delegates direct care, planning, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of interventions for designated shift.
- Ensures consistent use of psychiatric nursing process in providing quality care.
- Develops nursing treatment plans base on the nursing assessment and individualized needs of the patient.
- Modifies the nursing treatment plans based on patient needs and nursing re-assessment (daily as needed).
- Participates in team meetings, as assigned, to ensure integrated treatment planning.
- Performs physical and mental assessment on admission and every 24 hours, and/or as needed.
- Assess patient in crisis and acts appropriately to ensure patient’s safety.
- Assess patient’s family as a support system and identifies strengths and stressors within the family on admission and on daily nursing assessments.
- Performs patient searches per hospital policy, including patient’s belongings, room, and unit.
- Facilitates or co-facilitates community meetings, didactic groups and others groups as applicable.
- Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse – Temp to Perm, Full-time hours; evening, and night positions available). Candidates must be available to work weekends and holidays.
- Requires graduation from an accredited nursing program with licensure and registration by the state of Illinois as a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- One year of nursing experience preferred. Adult psychiatric or chemical dependency experience preferred.
- Knowledge of basic psychiatric nursing procedures working with a general population including adults and/or chemically dependent individuals is preferred.
- Knowledge of therapeutic processes, growth and development, limit setting, behavior management and establishing/maintaining therapeutic relationships required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and auto insurance.