Priority Professional Group is searching for an Aluminum Casting Supervisor in Marion, IL. We are looking for experts in castings who have the ability to lead, develop and shape a high performance castings team.
- Provide effective supervision and coaching to assigned shift/employees to achieve the required quality and production goals.
- Analyze processes for continuous improvement.
- Maintain department records and inventories.
- Manage the movement of product through the production area.
- Ensure that the product is in the process at all times. Plan and organize work of smooth operations.
- Ensure that the standard operating procedures and engineering procedures are current, accurate and that all work is done in compliance to ensure maximum quality.
- Control off line repairs, gather and analyze defect daily.
- Implement abnormal occurrence plan when necessary.
- Monitor to ensure that all employees comply with safety regulations and the plant’s safety program.
- Understand casting recipes and homogenization recipes.
- Ensure furnace charging practices are met to optimize furnace operations.
- Ensure billet specifications are met for the extruding process.
- Work with employees to resolve technical and personnel problems.
- Schedule employees to effectively meet production needs and to ensure vacations and other time off consistent with plant policies.
- Assist in candidate selection as requested.
- Provide the shift to shift communication link in order to keep all team members working toward the same goals.
- Communicate to employees all issues that affect the plant.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired.
● 5 years of prior applicable experience in manufacturing.
● 2 years management experience required.
● Valid passport for travel required for travel